Tag Archives: Neil van Niekerk
Check out the people who are most influential as portrait and wedding photography teachers or behind the scenes. I created this list because there are many people who aren’t flashy and are doing a lot of work behind the scenes to make our photography industry better. Most of them have never been on Creative Live. Their work and passion for teaching others is truly amazing. Visit their websites. Take time to look at their work. Support what they do.
- Anne Almasy – Currently the industry’s most viral wedding blogger. She changed the way print magazines approach adveritising of same-sex weddings. #FunkyGoGoGirl
- Carla Ten Eyck – Ten Eyck Tuesdays & teacher at Inspire. Actually she does a lot of inspiring these days.
- Chris Becker – [b] Founder of www.photogrefers.com and shooter of 10 bazillion weddings* (*estimate).
- Craig Lamere – Amazing portraits. Ammmaaaazzing pooorrrtraaaiitts!!!!
- Dane Sanders – Author. Speaker. Always Fast Trackin’.
- David A Williams – It’s been said they he has the most meaningful workshop on photography. Whose presentation on portraiture will make you cry…
- David Hobby – The guy who changed the speedlight industry forever! The original strobist. We’d all be shooting natural light without him.
- Gregory Heisler – 50 portraits. The man. The myth. The legend. And the book that every photographer should own.
- Huy Nguyen – Unscripted and absolutely fearless. He showed us how. (And then gave us all awards for being super bad ass)
- Jaleel King – Has wheels, will travel. We were inspired. We cried when he told us how to make lemonade. He taught us how to be unstoppable in the face of any circumstance.
- Jamie Swanson – Founder of ModernTog. Viral blog posts. Teaching photographers how to make it rain.
- Jason Groupp – He loves NYC. He rocks WPPI. He made the bow-tie a thing again.
- Jen Bebb – A dreamer. An asker of “What Ifs”
- Jennifer Rozenbaum – Intimate. Daring. Feminine. Boudoir Teacher.
- Jeremy Cowart – Founder of Help-Portrait & Ok Do This. Humanitarian. All around awesome guy.
- Joe McNally – What hasn’t this National Geographic photographer done? 50 countries, 2 bazillion assignments. Small light wizard.
- Kara Wahlgren – The author, ghostwriter and editor of many of the most viral wedding photography articles you share…shhh.
- Kirk Mastin – He made a little something called Mastin Labs. Buy it.
- Lena Hyde – Do you Design Aglow? Yeah, that’s her.
- Melissa Niu – Framed Show. The most important photo show on youtube.
- Michael Zhang – The wizard of oz behind PetaPixel.
- Mimika Cooney – Have you watched MimikaTV lately?
- Neil van Niekerk – Neil goes on tangents. He’s a blogging & education machine.
- Renee Robyn – Mad photo skillz. Black latex & leather. If you haven’t seen her etherial work, check it.
- Ryan Brenizer – He’s a noun, verb and adjective. Have you Brenizered lately?
- Sam Hurd – It’s ****in Sam Hurd. Breakin lenses and taking names. He could turn aluminum foil, saran wrap and duct tape into a 4×5 camera. Then he’d probably use it to take pictures of the president.
- Spencer Boerup – Kickstarter project Mag Mod man. He also showed us how to make mad money in portraits sales with The Salesographer.
- Trevor Dayley – Teacher and writer for Fstoppers
- Von Wong – Fire. Fire. Fire. hehe
- Zack Arias – One Light, One Workshop, One BadAss Photographer
I am personally thankful for all these photographer do and how they share their wealth of knowledge.
Did I miss your favorite person? Tell me in the comments below who I missed and what influential thing they did to move your photo business forward!
———————-Update 2.1.14 —————–
So many people are wondering why their favorite photographer didn’t make the cut. These are the people who are inspiring ME now or who have moved me in my career most recently. They are also people I see inspiring you lately!
Like I wonder where I’d be without David Hobby’s strobist.com. Or who the industry would be without Zack Arias & Jason Groupp. I encourage you to write your list in the comments below.
Mike Allebach: Founded Brandsmash as a marketing resource for small business owners with his mantra “Your story changes everything.” Communications & Marketing Director turned Business owner he hosts BrandsmashTV. Hailed by a Rock n Roll Bride as “the Original Tattooed Bride Photographer” Mike Allebach crafted one of the most distinct niches in photography. Mike’s Brandsmash Stories & Wedding Photos have been featured in over 100 blogs, newspapers & magazines.
In 2014 he started BrandsmashTV and Brandsmash Workshops to teach small business owners social media, storytelling, branding & marketing. See him teach in person at Brandsmash’s Marketing Workshop Philadelphia on January 26, at Inspire Photo Retreats in Massachusetts, February 12 or at the WPPI Expo in Las Vegas on March 6.
Sign up for Brandsmash Business Tips and a chance at a WPPI Conference Pass!
There was an issue loading your exit LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.